DiskFresh is a simple yet powerful tool that can refresh your hard disk signal by reading and writing each sector and hence making your disk more reliable for storage. It also informs you if there are any damaged/bad sectors so you know the right time to replace your disk. The best part is, unlike other tools it does all this when Windows is running and it does not interfere with the speed of your work at all.
Steps To Use
- Select any drive that you want to refresh. If you want to refresh entire disk irrespective of the partitions, select a physical drive.
- Select Read Only Mode, if you do not want any writing on your disk and just want DiskFresh to report the bad sectors.
- If Make Report is checked, a text report will be created after the refresh is done.
- Now click Refresh Selected. You will get two options, Just Refresh and Refresh Range.
- Just Refresh will refresh all sectors from 0 to end. Refresh Range will allow you to specify range of sectors to be refreshed.
- Once started, you can at any time pause or stop the operation.
- A very simple interface with an extremely powerful engine.
- Can refresh individual partitions or entire physical drive.
- Can also refresh only the selected area of the disk.
- Can work in read-only mode too so as to just inform about bad sectors.
- Supports command line for advanced usage.
- Can refresh system drive while Windows is running.
- DiskFresh is compatible with Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8/2012 including 64 bit versions. It provides native support for 64 bit versions.
DiskFresh - 64bit software