Total Commander (former Wincmd) is a file manager for Windows (TM) similar to the Windows Explorer. But Total Commander uses a different approach: it has two fixed windows side by side like a well-known file manager for DOS.
Since 32-bit plugins cannot be used by 64-bit programs, they need to be converted first. Therefore there will not be many plugins available initially for 64-bit. If you use plugins extensively, you should keep using the 32-bit version. You can install both in parallel to the same directory - there is now a separate installer which will install both together.
- Keyboard functions similar to the DOS original.
- Supports Drag & Drop with the mouse, including to the print manager.
- Extended copying, moving, renaming and deleting of entire trees (Enables deleting "full" directories).
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. The appropriate archiving program is automatically called. pkzip, arj, lha, rar, uc2 and ace are all supported.
- Start-menu (User-defined commands) to place your frequently used DOS or Windows programs into a drop-down menu. The actual directory and/or the file under the cursor can be delivered to the application.
- Command line for the simple starting of programs with parameters, simply by typing the program name or by pressing CTRL+ENTER or CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.
- Enhanced search function with full text search in any files across multiple drives.
- Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of ANY SIZE in hex, binary or text format, using either the ASCII- (DOS) or the ANSI- (Windows) character set. The line width and font size can now be changed.
- Internal Unzip by Info-Zip, which allows unzipping without calling an external program! The source code in Turbo-Pascal is free and can be obtained directly from the author.
- Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands.
- Configurable main menu.
- Internal unpackers for ZIP, ARJ, LZH, GZ, TAR, RAR and ACE formats.
- Internal ZIP packer, based on ZLib by Jean-loup Gailly.
Total Commander - 64bit software
Current version: 10.52
Release date: 2022-10-26