SynWrite is a free source code editor, HTML editor, and Notepad replacement for Windows systems. It tries to be a full-featured alternative not only to simple Notepad, but also to such rich applications as Notepad++.
Initially started as project for building an editor based on the powerful EControl Syntax Editor SDK, SynWrite now offers a wide set of features.
- Syntax highlighting for lots of languages
- Fully customizable highlightings
- Code folding, determined text ranges may be collapsed.
- Tree structure view for source code
- Source code templates
- Clipboard history panel
- Search, replace with regular expressions
- Search, replace in multiple files
- External tools (capture of console output, errors navigation)
- Strings extraction feature
- Zen Coding (HTML + CSS + XSL high speed coding engine)
- Customizable hotkeys
- "Sync-Edit" feature allows to edit identical identifiers (see image)
- Sync-Edit feature
- Portable mode
- Plugin support for file manager "Total Commander"
- Multilingual user interface
- Export to RTF/HTML file with syntax highlighting.
- and more...
List of limitations of SynWrite x64 Edition
- menu drawn incorrectly after Clipboard or Output panels show/hide
- white background color of panels
- WLX: keys Enter, Tab, Esc don't work in Find dialog
- WLX: Win7: bold font of menu items
items don't fully work:
- Open/Save dialogs: lexer list not sorted
- cmd "Edit -- Change case -- Sentence case" doesn't work
- "Go to" dialog doesn't have Column field
- "Character table" popup may show in wrong encoding
- "Lexer lib" dialog: list not sorted
- Ctrl+Left/Right in editor - not like in Notepad++
- external tools: HLP files don't work
options don't work:
- "Interface -- Toolbar theme"
- "Interface -- Icon theme"
- "Editor 2 -- Copy column blocks with extra spaces"
- "Editor 2 -- Show CR/LF at line ends"
- "Auto-complete -- Show list even when no items are filtered"
- "Editor -- Keep trailing blanks" affects nbsp's too
- dialog "Lexer library"
- dialog "Lexer properties"
- dialog "Lexer styles"
- dialog "Go to"
- dialog "Print preview"
- dialog "Page setup"
- save confirmation buttons
- input boxes buttons
SynWrite Editor - 64bit software