New version! - ResEdit is a resource editor for Windows programs. The original purpose was to help C++ developers to create resource scripts. Now it can also be used to modify any resource in PE files (exe, dll, ...) and compiled resource scripts (res files).
- Importing rc files generated by Microsoft Visual Studio resource editor.
- Supported formats : Resource Script (rc), Compiled Resource Script (res), Win32 Portable Executable (exe, dll).
- Format conversion in command-line mode.
- Advanced Dialog editor. All existing kind of Win32 controls are supported (Static text, Buttons, Edit controls, Pictures, ...).
- A basic picture editor to open and modify bitmaps, icons and cursors
- Possibility to include all sort of resources.
- Generation of C++ code for the Dialogs (code with CreateWindowEx) and Menus (CreateMenu, CreatePopupMenu...). However it is not possible to import C++ sources files.
- Unlimited Undo/Redo buffers
- Customizable layout : you can drag and drop panels to place it wherever you want.
ResEdit - 64bit software
- Latest version: 1.6.4
- Release date: 2015-03-17